Thursday, April 26, 2012

What is the best video card that has hardware hd acceleration, hdmi ouput, and 5.1 audio output through hdmi?

>S2%20-%20PRODUCT%20SPOT&cm_ite=12694%20PRODUCT%20PURCHASED&cm_keycode=26364http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDe…



Check that one out. I just bought it for my computer at home. I have my computer hooked up to an HDTV using HDMI. The card uses the sound from your sound card or motherboard (depending on which you have) and sends it through the HDMI from your video card. It is actually pretty neat. This card replaced an NVidia Geforce 7600 GT that I had because it didn't have HDMI and wouldn't properly work with some apps. It did have HDTV built into it, but the output was svid to component or DVI. I like the new card I have now, but I have Windows Vista, and it actually lowered my video experience rating compared to my NVidia card. Still in my opinion the video looks much better on my HDTV. I had to set the sound options to actually get the sound to go through the video card, but it wasn't too difficult. Im glad you asked the question. I actually found your question when I was searching for yet another HDMI out video card that maybe has higher memory like DDR3 for a better rating on Vista, but this one suits me just fine. I got it on Black Friday from Circuit City for $55, but I see that the price has gone up on it a bit. All in all, the card that I linked to should do exactly what you want it to, and it is available in PCI-Express or AGP. Like I said, I am using it now, and I am quite happy with it. I guess if you like to play graphics-intense games on your PC, you may want something with more muscle, but for the stuff I do (watch movies, play games etc.) it works just fine.



EDIT: Okay, the links I gave obviously don't work for posting in Yahoo Answers, so just look up this card, it is the one I am talking about: VisionTek 256MB HD 2400 PRO Graphics Card|||video card process video. sound card process sound.



that is why they call them video cards and sound cards. 2 seprate things



if you can find 1 that does both please email it to me.



newer ati cards come with a dvi to hdmi adapter but do not do sound.



ive seen some motherboards that can do hdmi but havnt looked into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment