Thursday, April 26, 2012

I just ordered a new Video card with a DVI-I output, and bought a DVI-D cable for it....Will this still work ?

I've read that DVI-(Integrated) passes both Analog and Digital signals (hence the higher pin count)



And that DVI-D (Digital) strictly passes Digital signals....hence the lower pin count.





Since it's a DVI-D to HDMI connection, I'd only need the digital signals anyways, right ?





So my question....A DVI-I output should work with a DVI-D to HDMI cable, right ?



Thanks!|||Yes, it will work.



My computer's DVI output is DVI-I. My HDTV's input is HDMI. Works perfectly with a DVI-to-HDMI cable: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f347/a…|||Yes, a DVI-I jack will accept a DVI-A, DVI-D, or DVI-I plug. DVI-D will suffice for a DVI-to-HDMI connection.|||Your question is way too vague!!!



Are you trying to connect to a TV with HDMI, or a DVI LCD Monitor, OR something else?



Please re-post and tell us the make and model of your graphics card and your LCD Monitor OR your TV OR the "something else".



Then, maybe we can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment