Thursday, April 26, 2012

I have a video card with dvi output and a tv with hdmi input. I have the cable connected but?

I still have no video. My question is, do I need to change any computer settings to be able to watch video on my tv from my computer? The TV is a Toshiba 52 inch DLP tv, it has two hdmi slots available. So what am I doing wrong and how can I get it work?



Thanks!|||Read your Toshiba DLP television's manual and find out what resolution and refresh rate it is designed to run at. Most of the time when an HDTV displays nothing when a computer is hooked up to it, it's because the computer is set to run at a resolution or refresh rate too high for the TV to handle.|||make sure your tv is on the correct input

your computer setting should be at 1024 x 768 first

restart your pc it should be display on your tv

I got lcd tv, I'm not sure about dlp, but I think it should be

the same, cause it's in the hdmi connections...|||theres some sort of special anti-piracy thing i think.





UPDATE: HDCP, the converter has to be hdcp certified i think.



UPDATE 2: make sure the dvi to hdmi cable is hdcp compliant.



UPDATE 3: What GFX card do you have and is the HDMI DVI cable third party?



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

No comments:

Post a Comment