Thursday, April 26, 2012

Graphics Card: HDMI Input Vs. HDMI Output.?

Hey i was wondering if someone could explain this to me. The ATI card i am looking at has an HDMI slot, but it says it's an HDMI Output. I know some Video Cards have HDMI Input, what is the difference between the two?



Reason I am asking is because i have an HP 22 inch Monitor and it has HDMI, i wanna make sure i can connect a cable from the video card to my PC HP Monitor. I can also do Dvi to VGA (which im doing now), but obviously HDMI is better! lol if you can help me out i would greatly appreciate it, thank you.|||HDMI INPUT is actually very rare. Cards that support this are used for video capture and editing. Most cards with an HDMI slot are OUTPUT. OUTput takes a signal from your video card and sends it out ot the monitor. INput accepts a video signal from an external source and captures it with your video card. Since you want output, your fine and you can use this card to connect to your monitor via HDMI.|||You want to connect your HDMI monitor with a HDMI cable to the HDMI output from the video card.



It sounds like the card you are looking at may have a TV input on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment