Thursday, April 26, 2012

How does my Video card and Mobo HDMI jack interact?

I am considering a Motheboard with HDMI output and 5.1 audio output. MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3)



People here seem to like a Nvidia GTX 460 graphics card which only has DVI outputs.



If I hook my monitor up with HDMI from the motherboard - the Nvida card is not being used - right? Or does it route video from the Nvidia card to the HDMI jack?



If I hook my monitor up with DVI on the Nvidia card - this should give me the faster graphics and better video watching and the HDMI jack is ... unused and should be disabled to avoid conflicts?



I am guessing I should avoid a Mobo with HDMI since I plan to use a video card. Or how do these interact?|||The onboard video and a dedicated video card will have nothing to do with each other. You can use the video onboard or you could use the dedicated card. You can't use both together like that. You can also easily find a GTX 460 with an HDMI jack. You do realize that there are many makes and models of this card, right?



Furthermore, if you're buying a GTX 460 and you just want to watch videos with it then you're pissing a lot of money away. A Radeon 6570 with an HDMI jack could do that.|||If you are considering purchasing a GTX460 onboard video isn't needed. It would only be there as a "spare" in case the GTX460 died. A motherboard with onboard HDMI will have less "perks".



You can simply use the DVI to HDMI adapter that comes with the GTX460.

Onboard HDMI and the video card don't interact two seperate pieces of hardware.|||Yes, the hdmi on the motherboard will be disabled and wont even show up as a device. If you still want an hdmi output buy an adapter like this one



http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002CZHN6…

No comments:

Post a Comment