Friday, May 4, 2012

What's the difference between using the integrated HDMI on motherboard and the HDMI output from video card?

This is my first time building my computer. At the moment, I like to have a motherboard with 16 gb ram max, takes in a quad, and hdmi.



Now I found out that there are hdmi integrated into the mobo and hdmi from video cards. What are the differences? I plan to use my computer for light gaming (ie: I don't play console games on PC since I have the games consoles) on both moniter that doesn't have HDMI (unless i can offer one) and HDTV. I also plan to do some movie editing using special effects (adobe aftereffects and premiere; particle illusion). I have no plans for 3D modelling.



So mainly what are the difference between the two?



Also, if you are kind enough to find me the right mobo with a good price, please post that as well. Will be much obliged.|||OK. Onboard ANYTHING is usually quite poor. This includes sound, video, and other things.

I would suggest you use the graphics card for the HDMI, and if you have a sound card (onboard or separate) then you can plug the graphics card into the sound card, and get HDMI with both picture and audio. If you have any questions on how to link the two together, email me and I will help you.|||The HDMI output from a motherboard is used for High Definition Audio Output. If there is a built in video card, it will contain High Definition video as well, but usually the HDMI output from the motherboard is for HD audio.



The HDMI output from a videocard is ONLY high definition video.|||u dont require a video card. ur mobo will fulfill all your needs|||According to a poster on http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page… the only current cards that output audio and video over HDMI are the ATI range, although according to another, all can do it, but not all can do full 7.1 sound.



Your best bet, is to find a m/board that you like, and check its specs on the manufacturers website. It should say if it can output audio over the HDMI port. Those with an ATI chipset should work fine. If worst comes to worst, you will have to but a separate video card, but if you can find a site to buy from that lets you ask questions, or if you can ask in the shop before you buy, then you should be able to get one that will work without a separate graphics card.

No comments:

Post a Comment