Friday, May 4, 2012

Can I still output sound through my hdmi on my graphics card?

I have a computer with realtek onboard motherboard audio. I also have an ATI 5850 video card connected to an AV receiver. Realtek recognizes the hdmi port and outputs sound to it. What I want to know is if I purchase a better sound card such as "ASUS" or "CREATIVE" can I still output sound through HDMI? Or is it required to plug in directly to the sound card and use multichannel cables to get 7.1 sound? I'd like it just to be one hdmi for video and sound.|||Your video card does not include sound, but it looks like ATI is ready to start including them on thier video cards....



http://apcmag.com/ati_to_include_hd_audi…



Your other question, can you port sound through another card via HDMI cable on your vid card...No.

No comments:

Post a Comment